The Hour Detroit Best Dressed Fashion Show (presented by Somerset Collection) was held at The Fillmore Detroit on September 29, 2016, and was hosted by Amy Andrews. The fashion show featured several of those deemed “the best dressed” by Hour Detroit.
The runway this year featured lots of fur. It is very easy to add fur to your closet this fall. Try adding a fur vest with a long-sleeve neutral colored shirt and jeans . In addition to fur, there were a lot of tall boots and over-the-knee boots on the runway. Do not shy away from wearing tall or even over-the-knee boots. You can pair your boots with skinny jeans or even a sweater dress. Finally, I noticed leather on the runway. Wearing leather leggings with a sweatshirt or oversized sweater just screams fall and is super casual and easy to wear.
The best dressed winners are:
- Greg Mathis
- Mathis is a retired judge for Michigan 36th District Court. He is also a syndicated television show arbiter on the respected reality courtroom show, Judge Mathis.
- Jennifer Vinklarek
- Vinklarek is the owner of Robert Kidd Gallery which is located in Birmingham, MI. This art gallery has a Rock and roll feel to it and even features work from Michigan-based artists.
- Reginald J. Eadie
- Eadie is the Chief Operations Officer of Detroit Medical Center. He received his M.D. from Wayne State and his Executive M.B.A. from Michigan State.
- Christopher Prater
- Prater is the Managing Partner and Director of Purchasing of the men’s section of Thrift on the Ave. Thrift on the Ave is located in Detroit, MI and offers an upscale thrifting experience to its clients.
- Kelle Ilitch
- Ilitch serves as one of the Board of Directors for Ilitch Charities. Ilitch Charities is a non-profit organization that has given more than $35 million to Detroit based non-profits since 2005 and is on a mission to invest in the community for more years to come.
- Keely Ferguson
- Ferguson is a rising R&B singer and songwriter. Ferguson came from a musical household (her father, Keith Ferguson, is the musical director for the Spinners and her mother, Leslie Ferguson, is a background singer for Aretha Franklin).
- David Moncur
- Moncur is the owner of Moncur. Moncur is a Branding + Digital Agency with offices in Detroit, Miami, and Austin.
- Joumana Kayrouz
- Kayrouz is the founder and owner of the Michigan Center for Personal Injury and the Law Offices of Joumana Kayrouz PLLC. Her firm (located in Southfield, MI) is one of the largest personal injury law firms in Michigan.
- Dan Mullen
- Mullen is the Executive Vice President of Bedrock Detroit LLC. Bedrock (located in downtown Detroit) is a full-service commercial real estate firm and is the largest real estate partner in downtown Detroit. Mullen also serves on Mullen also serves on the board of the Empowerment Plan. The Empowerment Plan is a non-profit organization located in Detroit that serves to help homeless women.
- Justin Abdelkader
- Abdelkader is an ice hockey left wing and alternate captain for the Detroit Red Wings.
- Jo Coleman
- Coleman is a co-founder of The Culinary Studio which is located in Southfield, MI. The Culinary Studio provides its customers with two commercially licensed and certified kitchens that are available for rent.
- Elizabeth Belkin
- Belkin is the Luxury Sales Manager for The RealReal. The RealReal provides is a luxury consignment business that guarantees authentic items for its customers. Belkin (who was recently interviewed in Detroit Fashion News) has lived in many cities but calls Detroit her hometown. Click HERE to read our story on The Real Real and Belkin on DFN.
Those on the list were chosen by fashion guru and journalist Chuck Bennett and the Hour Detroit staff. Bennett is a society columnist for the Detroit News and is also responsible for The Social Metro.
It’s hard to believe this amazing event already came and went this year! Were you there? Share with us your favorite looks from the runway in the comments section below. We want to hear from you!
Photo – Kelechi Uchendu with models wearing dresses from The Paper Dress Code
*Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Fashion News and allow us to keep reporting on all things fashionable.