Never mind the decades worth of dress codes that makes everyone default to the khaki pant. You are much too stylish to be following that pattern! When you spend hours trying to figure out what to wear to your next party make sure you realize figuring out what to wear to the office is just as important, especially in an era business environments are even more unconventional than ever. Whether you’re just starting your career or serving as a board member to the finest organization around, check out our Work Wear Style Guide. These choices will keep you fresh and noticed! You can’t climb the ladder if your hiding with insecurities and wearing last year’s wardrobe!
What’s in the Style Guide?
- Hakaan Ecru Peplum Sheath Dress – Wear with heels and a killer bag and you won’t even have to ask for a contract renewal. It will already be signed and on the table when you walk in.
- Donna Karan Red Sculpted Dress – The cowl neckline will show your softer side yet the power of red just might have you owning the company by the end of the day.
- Valentino Lurex Tweed Jacket – The bow collar & 3/4 sleeve is fashionable and fun. Pair it with a traditional black pant and you’ll be comfortably stylish while spending a long day at the office.
- Tahari by ASL Jacket – This jacket is fitted and has metallic specs throughout. Easy to transition from work to work party!
- Apricot Black Belt Back Pockets Crop Suit – This jacket has everything including the slimming sides, diagonal zipper and accentuated shoulders. A versatile piece that will go with just about any type of bottom.
- Karen Millen Ponte Roma Skirt – Wear this skirt with a silky smooth button down blouse and a long vintage necklace. Then ask for a office with a view.
There you have it. Staple pieces you should live by while dressing for work during 2013. Don’t be scared to be a bit more fashionable for work – if it’s professional then it acceptable. Low cut tops or skirts that are too short are big “no-no’s”. Stick to these staples and watch your career soar.
Shannon Lazovski is the CEO of SoGlam Media & Founder/Editor of Detroit Fashion News. Find out more about Shannon here.