The activities of summer call for handbags in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Check out five essential styles below and remain current with your bag of choice.
- The Work Bag – Long, sunny days are approaching – but sadly, you’ll still find yourself indoors at the office. Combat your day job blues with a classic structured companion to transport all of your workday essentials while sitting pretty on your desk.
Everyday: The Cambridge Satchel Co. (via cambridgesatchel.co.uk)
Day Dream: Celine (via celine.com)
- The Beach Bag – Summer afternoons are meant to be spent at the beach! Be sure to invest in a bag with room for all of your sunning needs (and perhaps some giant hoops to hang your beach towel on).
Tory Burch (via toryburch.com)
Day Dream: Chanel (via spottedfashion.com
- The Weekend Bag– Whether it be a quick break from work or camping out at a music festival, an oversized carry-all is a seasonal must-have.
Herschel Supply Co. (via shopstyle.com)
Day Dream: Saint Laurent (via neimanmarcus.com)
- The Afternoon Out Bag– Select the perfect companion to your afternoon out whether it be shopping, lunching, or scanning your city for the latest seasonal events. Try something mid-size large enough for the day’s essentials but small enough to not weigh you down.
Everyday: Rebecca Minkoff (via nordstrom.com)
Day Dream: Valentino (via bergdorfgoodman.com)
- The Evening Out Bag – Transparent accessories are huge this season and what better way to incorporate your take than with a colorful lucite clutch for an evening out on the patio?
Everyday: Juicy Couture (via zappos.com)
Day Dream: Stella McCartney (via harpersbazaar.co.uk)
Meaghan Elizabeth is a fashion stylist and blogger interested in high fashion, personal style, trends, designer collaborations and shopping adventures. Read more about Meaghan here.