If you are looking for a simple and unique makeup look aside from the typical red lipstick, then we will help you achieve the perfect face for Valentine’s Day. Detroit Fashion News worked with a makeup artist at Sephora to come up with a Valentine’s Day look that will be universally flattering on everyone!
Step One: Before you start applying makeup you should always prep your skin. Skin prep will vary from person to person, but everyone should be exfoliating and moisturizing their skin. The following is a list of products that I used (these products are listed in the order they were used).
- Products used to prep skin:
- Dennis Gross Skincare Pro Facial Steamer. Steamers help products penetrate deeper into the skin. If you do not want to purchase a professional steamer, then you can make yourself a “fake steamer” at home. Make yourself a steamer at home by boiling a small pot of water. After the water is done boiling pour the water into a bowl and hold your face over the steaming water.
- Caudalie Make-Up Removing Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil will ensure that the skin is squeaky clean and all previous makeup is removed.
- Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. This cleanser is gentle and suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin!
- Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water. This product will remove dirt on the face without drying the skin. In addition, this product is perfect for traveling because there is no need to rinse after.
- Exfoliating your face will ensure that your makeup looks flawless! Try the Microdelivery Detoxifying Oxygen Peel.
- It is very important to use an oil-free hyaluronic acid based moisturizer like Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream.
- Cold eye patches followed by an eye cream will help with any puffiness or dark circles in the eye area.
- Finally, apply a lip scrub and a lip balm.
Step Two: Apply the Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydracharged Complexion Prep Priming Spray to reduce pores.
Step Three: Use a lightweight foundation such as MILK Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint SPF 30.
Step Four: If you need to conceal some spots on your face try Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer.
Step Five: Highlight your face with BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter. If you do not know how to highlight your face, then watch this tutorial.
Step Six: Apply the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in the color Snapdragon.
Step Seven: Use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to whip any unruly brows into shape.
Step Eight: Line your eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet. If you do not know how to line your eyes, then please watch this professional tutorial.
Step Nine: Blend several colors from the Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette (Candied Peach, Georgia, Bellini, Luscious, and Charmed, I’m Sure) across your eyelids for precious results!
Step Ten: Wear COVERGIRL’s So Lashy! blastPRO Mascara to achieve the longest lashes you will ever have.
Step Eleven: Finally, line your lips with a lip liner (tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram) and throw on an adorable lipstick (Sephora Collection Rouge Balm SPF 20 in Enchanting Blush).
All photos are the property of the Detroit Fashion News.
*Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Detroit Fashion News and allow us to keep reporting on all things fashionable.
Kelechi Uchendu is currently pursuing her LLM in Environmental Law at Vermont Law School. She is a legal researcher at Columbia University, the CEO of Kay Kay’s World LLC, and the owner/founder of Kay Kay’s Fashion: kaykaysfashion.com. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Vermont Law School in 2016 and also received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Pre-Law with a specialization in Environmental Science from MSU in 2013. Kelechi loves fashion & blogging on her personal blog: kaykaysway.blogspot.com. Feel free to connect with Kelechi on her other social media platforms: Instagram: @kaykaysway92 and on Pinterest:pinterest.com/kaykay2030/.
(Photo – Q11 Studio)