This year’s CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) Awards on June 6th was a night to remember at Lincoln Center in New York. The event is an annual event that recognizes well respected contributions to American fashion by almost everyone within the industry including fashion designers and icons. Awards were given in womenswear, menswear and the accessory categories as well as top achievements in journalism, creative vision. A lifetime achievement award was also given to one very deserving designer.
Red was the color trend of the evening as many wore the color in confidence including Alessandra Ambrosio, Doutzen Kroes, and Karlie Kloss. Suits and shimmer were also porpular and were worn by Kirsten Dunst, Leelee Sobieski and Mary-Kate Olsen.
Congratulations to the CFDA winners!
- Fashion Icon Award – Lady Gaga
- Womenswear Designer of the Year – Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler
- Menswear Designer of the Year – Michael Bastian
- Accessory Designer of the Year – Alexander Wang
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Womenswear – Prabal Gurung
- Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Accessories – Eddie Borgo
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award – Marc Jacobs
Photo – Fashion Icon winner – Lady Gaga, Courtesy of celebuzz.com