Peppermint Bars for Perfect Skin
It’s so easy to dish out ridiculous amounts of money on our favorite brands, but it’s even easier to make your own beauty products right at home!
I’m all about moisturizing, so I decided to make my own peppermint lotion bars. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it was crazy how easy they were to make!
I’m so pleased with the finished product, and I encourage you all to try to make your own lotions bars, too.
Below is the recipe as well as a step-by-step video tutorial!
1/3 cup of shea butter
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of pure beeswax
10 drops of peppermint oil
- Fill a pot up with a few inches of water and bring it to a boil. Place a glass jar inside of the pot of boiling water.
- Place all ingredients except for peppermint oil into the jar.
- As ingredients are melting inside of the jar, stir occasionally with popsicle stick.
- Once all ingredients are melted, remove jar from boiling water, add peppermint oil and stir.
- Pour melted lotion into molding tray and let cool. You can place the tray in the refrigerator for bars to cool faster.
Written by Evann Webb